Certificate of eligibility for enrollment
To maintain and ascertain that only qualified persons are enrolled.
- Purpose: To maintain and ascertain that only qualified persons are enrolled.
- Application Fees: 5,000 Ugx
- License Fee: (a) Certificate - 30,000 Ugx <br>
(b) Issue of notice to gazette - 10,000 Ugx<br>(c) Gazette fee - 300,000 Ugx <font color="#ff6666"><i>(Paid to UPPC)</i></font><br>
- Maximum Processing Time: At the discretion of the council
- Related Websites: <a href="https://www.lawcouncil.go.ug/index.html" target="_blank">www.lawcouncil.go.ug</a><br><a href="http://www.judiciary.go.ug/" target="_blank">www.judiciary.go.ug</a>
- Validity: One-off
- Contact Office: <a href="https://www.lawcouncil.go.ug/page-about.html" target="_blank">The law council</a>
- Renewal Fee: N/A
- License Type: Certificate
- Legal Basis: The Advocates Act, Cap.267 Statutory Instrument 267-1. The Advocates (Enrollment and Certification) Regulations.
- The application shall be made through writing and delivering or sending to the Secretary of the Law Council the following:<br><ul><li>Professional skill and experience.</li><li>Two recommendations, one from a practicing lawyer and the other from an academician. </li><li>The application.</li><li>The affidavit supporting the application. <br></li><li>Certified copies of certificate or other documents which the applicant submit as evidence of
his or her qualifications.</li></ul>
- Tel: +256 414341673
- Physical Address: Floor 7, Georgian House, Plot 5, George Street
- Postal Address: P.O.Box 7538, Kampala
- City: National
- Website: http://www.lawcouncil.go.ug
- Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)