License of administrator
To administer a scheme in accordance with terms set in the Act.
- Purpose: To administer a scheme in accordance with terms set in the Act.
- Application Fees: 200,000 Ugx<br>
- License Fee: 2,000,000 Ugx<br>
- Maximum Processing Time: 3 Months
- Related Websites: <a href="http://urbra.go.ug/" target="_blank">www.urbra.go.ug</a>
- Validity: 1 Year
- Contact Office: <a href="http://urbra.go.ug/" target="_blank">Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority</a>
- Renewal Fee: 2,200,000 Ugx
- License Type: License
- Legal Basis: The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority Act, 2011. The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (Licensing of Administrators) Regulations, 2012
- <ul><li>The prescribed fee.</li><li>A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation of the applicant.</li><li>A certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association of the applicant.</li><li>Proof that the applicant holds capital in the sum determined by the Authority.</li><li>A certifed copy of an insurance policy to cover the operational risks which the administrator may be exposed to.</li><li>A statutory declaration sworn by the applicant verifying the facts set forth in the application.</li><li>Certified copies of certificates or any other documents which the applicant may submit as evidence of qualifications, professional skills and experience relevant for performing the functions of an administrator.</li></ul><b>Note: </b>The licensed Retirement Benefits Schemes are required by the URBRA Act and Regulations to pay a compulsory annual levy amounting to 0.25% of total asset value for schemes which receive voluntary contribution and 0.05% of total asset value for schemes which receive mandatory contributions.<br>
- Tel: +256 417 304 500 +256 312 324 500 +256 200 513 500
- Physical Address: 4th-6th Floor, Plot 1 Clement Hill Rd.
- Postal Address: P.O.Box 7561, Kampala
- City: Kampala Capital City
- Website: http://www.urbra.go.ug
- Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)