Registration of agricultural chemical
To ensure crop protection.
- Purpose: To ensure crop protection.
- Application Fees: 3,000 Ugx
- License Fee: 5,000 Ugx
- Maximum Processing Time: Product specific
- Related Websites: <a href="http://agriculture.go.ug/">www.agriculture.go.ug</a>
- Validity: 3 Years
- Contact Office: <a href="http://agriculture.go.ug/">The Crop Protection Department,
Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries.</a>
- Renewal Fee: 250,000 Ugx
- License Type: Certificate
- Legal Basis: The Agricultural Chemicals (Control) Act, 2006 and the Control of Agricultural Chemicals (Registration and Control) Regulations SI 29-1.
- <ul><li>A certified application dosage and prescribed usage of the agricultural chemical.</li><li>Antidotes and first-aid treatment recommended in case of accidental poisoning.</li><li>Information on the technical knowledge of the applicant.</li><li>Payment of the testing fee which goes to the trial accredited scientist.</li><li>Reentry and pre-harvest intervals.</li><li>Samples of the agricultural chemical for official testing, evaluation and screening.</li><li>Samples of the technical grade of the agricultural chemical.</li><li>Special protective clothing required in respect of the use of the agricultural chemical.</li><li>The application shall be accompanied by 5 copies of the label for the agricultural chemical or duly certified copies of it.</li><li>The corrosive effects of the agricultural chemical.</li><li>And any other information.</li></ul>
- Tel: +256 414 320 006
- Physical Address: Lugard Avenue Entebbe
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
- City: National
- Website: www.agriculture.go.ug
- Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)