Import permit, export permit and re-export permit for trophies and other wildlife

Regulate exportation and importation wildlife products.

  • Must possess a wildlife use right to deal in wildlife.
  • Must possess  a professional  trappers' license.
  • Clearance from the Commissioner Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities (CITES permit).
  • If plants of wild origin for export, a letter from the Ministry of Water and Environment (Sector Support Department) is required before the permit is issued.
Write to the Executive Director, Uganda Wildlife Authority indicating the quantity and nature of the export.
  • Phone:+256 414 355000, +256 312 355000
  • Physical Address:Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
  • Postal Address:P.O. BOX 3530, Kampala, Uganda
  • Jurisdiction:National
  • Email
  • Website:
  • Operating Hours:Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
  • Directions: View Directions