To ensure compliance with the aviation safety standards.
Maximum Processing Time:
Legal Basis: The Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing) Regulations, 2014
- An applicant for a flight radiotelephony operator license shall pass a practical and knowledge test covering the following areas—
The ICAO spelling alphabet; Departure and position reporting, Obtaining meteorological information, Transmission and procedures of distress and urgency signals.
- Be at least seventeen years of age.
- Communication techniques and procedures; The necessity for brevity in
radiotelephony communication and Priorities , Pre-flight briefing;
Classification of directional finding bearings , Radiotelephony
facilities and frequencies available in the FIR; Elementary knowledge
of the relationship between wavelength and frequency; Radiotelephony
procedures and phraseology and ability to use the radio equipment of the
type installed in the aircraft including the ability to carry out
- Comply with the knowledge and skill requirements, for flight radiotelephone operator.
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge appropriate to the privileges granted to a holder of a flight radiotelephone operator license.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write and understand the English
language in accordance with the language proficiency requirements.