(a) 1,000 Ugx for every square meter of area/floor coverage
(b) 59,000 Ugx for boundary walls as a flat rate
(c) 30,000 Ugx for each structural floor for buildings requiring structural plans.
Maximum Processing Time:
Lasts for specified periods
Legal Basis: The Building Control Act 2013, Act 10 of 2013
- Application shall contain the name and physical and postal address of the
- Be accompanied by the land title or other proof of ownership of the land.
- Where the applicant is not the owner of the land on which the building
operation is to be carried out, contain the name of the landowner, the
land title or other proof of ownership of the land and a statement of
the legal relationship between
the applicant and the landowner
- Contain the name, registration number and a copy of the practising
certificate of the architect and his or her signature, and official
stamp of the Uganda Society of Architects and in the case of an
engineer, a certificate of good structural practice
- Be accompanied by such number of copies of building plans and other documents as may be required by regulations
- Contain a letter from the Chairperson of the Village Council of the area in which the building operation is to be carried out.
- Where the building is a multi-storied structure or building, the application shall include— (a) a structural design and plans, stamped by a registered structural engineer including the name, registration number
and his or her signature, a copy of the registration certificate and a copy of the structural design calculations (b) a geotechnical report made by a geotechnical laboratory accredited by
the ministry responsible for works and endorsed by a registered
geotechnical engineer (c) where there are any excavations, a design of the soil support system
and protection of the adjacent structures, endorsed by a registered
geotechnical or structural engineer.