Regulate transportation of petroleum products by pipeline.
Maximum Processing Time:
Legal Basis: The Petroleum Supply (General) Regulations, 2009
The application shall state;
- Contingency plans for accidents, natural disasters or other emergencies.
- Description and location of offices, plants or other facilities, amount
of investment and operating capital and technologies to be used.
- Description of safety programmes and equipment and plans for protection
of occupational health, industrial safety and the environment during
- Environmental impact assessment in the form and with the information
required by the applicable legislation for further processing according
- Estimated date of commencement of operations.
- In the case of an application for a retail licence or a licence for
industrial consumers, proof of legally binding supply contracts with
- Proof of approval or applications filed for other authorizations required by other Government authorities.
- Proof of investment certification by Uganda Investment Authority.
- Proof of ownership of storage facilities , rented or otherwise
contracted by the applicant of sufficient installed capacity to maintain
working stocks for-
(i) a minimum of ten days of the anticipated average monthly throughput,
as stated in the application for applicants for retail licenses; and
(ii) a minimum of ten days of the anticipated average monthly throughput
within Uganda, as stated in the application, for applicants for import,
processing, storage or whole licenses or any combination of them.
- Proof of payment of the fees prescribed by these Regulations and of deposit for cost of experts according to regulations.
- Proof or binder of insurance for protection against third party liability, including environmental damages.
- Tax clearance and Tax Identification Number from Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The corporate name, registered office address and place where it was incorporated.
- The names, addresses and qualifications of management personnel to be employed for the operation.
- Where the body corporate is incorporated outside Uganda, proof of
establishment of a place of business in Uganda and of registration as a
foreign company in accordance with the Companies Act.